In life, we make promises. Sometimes to others. Sometimes to ourselves. Four years ago this month, as I navigated through the thick fog of a divorce, I made a promise to myself. If ever I made it out of the fog, I would find a way to pour out like so many had poured in. Because if you’ve experienced the type of fog that often comes with an unfortunate life event, you know it takes everything just to keep going. For me, in that season, the last thing I thought about was giving. I wasn’t in a place where I thought I had anything to give.
But time heals. It strengthens. It sheds light. It brings awareness. And it shows us that while there will be seasons where we need to be inward focused just to keep going, there will also be seasons where we need to be outward focused just to keep growing.
And so, this is my season to be outward focused. To give back what I once took. And the way I’m doing this is by offering a LOVE OUT LOUD session, in honor of Mother’s Day next month. It’s my way to show a single mama that the fog she may currently be in will not be the end. There will be lighter days ahead. And in those days, she will have a session to look back on that will prove to her that there was always light, even when her world felt the most dark.
The rules for this giveaway are simple.
(1) Only one nomination per nominator;
(2) The individual nominated must be a single mama;
(3) The nominator should include a picture of the mama being nominated, as well as why she is being nominated;
(4) The period for making nominations is open from now until 11:59 EST on Friday, May 5th;
(5) Nominations should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line: LOVE OUT LOUD;
(6) The winner will be selected by random number generator and announced on Saturday, May 13th;
(7) The giveaway will include a 30 minute outdoor session (with the winning mama and her child/children) and 10 fully edited high resolution images (both in color and black & white). Images will be provided on a CD inside a keepsake case and box.
(8) The session will take place at a location to be determined in the Portland, Oregon area. While out of area nominations are welcome, it will be the responsibility of the winner to pay for all expenses associated in participating in the photo session (travel, food, lodging, etc).